I received my M.Sc. degree in IT-Security (System Security Group) from the University of Bochum, Germany, in 2008. In 2015, I received my PhD degree in the Database & the Distributed and Embedded Security reserch groups at the University of Twente, The Netherlands.
I am interested in security, privacy, and cryptography in general, with an emphasis on privacy and applied cryptography. I am working on security and privacy technologies for cloud computing, especially for searching on encrypted data.
- ZI 3022
- +31 53 489 4289
- PGP public key:
- PGP fingerprint:
- 0366 6DE9 A21A 4399 CE2C 1DB9 4836 2D6B 2A55 BA64
- SPCMHD — Secure Patient-Centric Management of Health Data. Digitisation of healthcare data leads to new applications such as for example personal healthcare systems. In such applications various parties exchange healthcare data over open network infrastructures. This results in security and privacy concerns that need to be addressed. The focus of the research is on the development of novel security techniques that address the specific requirements of healthcare data management. One of these requirements is the secure storage and retrieval of information. To reduce security and privacy risks, the information should be stored in encrypted form. This makes it impossible for unauthorized users or attackers to access the data but at the same time an authorized user cannot search for specific data. It is desired to support searching functionality without any loss of data confidentiality.
- Christoph Bösch. "Cryptographically Enforced Search Pattern Hiding." PhD thesis, University of Twente, January 2015.
- Christoph Bösch, Pieter Hartel, Willem Jonker, and Andreas Peter. "A Survey of Provably Secure Searchable Encryption." ACM Computing Surveys, 47(2), 18:1-18:51, August 2014.
- Christoph Bösch, Andreas Peter, Bram Leenders, Hoon Wei Lim, Qiang Tang, Huaxiong Wang, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Distributed Searchable Symmetric Encryption." In: Twelfth Annual International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust, PST 2014, Toronto, Canada, 23-24 July, 2014.
- Christoph Bösch, Andreas Peter, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "SOFIR: Securely Outsourced Forensic Image Recognition." In: 39th IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing - ICASSP 2014, Florence, Italy, May 4-9, 2014.
- Christoph Bösch, Richard Brinkman, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Method and System of Monitoring a Data Stream." (2012) Patent NL2009845.
- Jonathan Petit, Christoph Bösch, Michael Feiri, and Frank Kargl. "On the Potential of PUF for Pseudonym Generation in Vehicular Networks." In: IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference — VNC 2012, Seoul, Korea (South), November 14-16, 2012, Proceedings, IEEE, pp. 94 - 100.
- Christoph Bösch, Qiang Tang, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Selective Document Retrieval from Encrypted Database." In: 15th Information Security Conference — ISC 2012, Passau, Germany, September 19 - 21, 2012, Proceedings, ser. LNCS, D. Gollmann and F.C. Freiling (Eds.), vol. 7483. Springer, pp. 224 - 241.
- Christoph Bösch, Richard Brinkman, Pieter Hartel, and Willem Jonker. "Conjunctive Wildcard Search over Encrypted Data." In: 8th VLDB Workshop on Secure Data Management — SDM 2011, Seattle, WA, USA, September 2, 2011, Proceedings, ser. LNCS, W. Jonker and M. Petkovic (Eds.), vol. 6933. Springer, pp. 114–127.
- Christoph Bösch, Jorge Guajardo, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, Jamshid Shokrollahi, and Pim Tuyls. "Efﬁcient Helper Data Key Extractor on FPGAs." In: Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems — CHES 2008, Washington, DC, USA, August 10 - 13, 2008, Proceedings, ser. LNCS, E. Oswald and P. Rohatgi (Eds.), vol. 5154. Springer, pp. 181–197.
- Christoph Bösch. "Efficient Fuzzy Extractors for Reconﬁgurable Hardware." Master’s thesis, Chair for System Security, Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Science, Ruhr-University Bochum, March 2008.
- Secure Data Management (fall 2011)
- Introduction to Computer Security (fall 2010)