Note: the lecture Internet Management and Measurements will be given on Tuesdays 13:45-15:30 in Cubicus B101. The first lecture is on 23-4-2013.
Aiko Pras is Associate Professor at the
University of Twente (UT), where he is chairing (ad-interim) the
Design and Analysis of Communication Systems (DACS) group.
He has been coordinator of the Telematics Master programme and currently responsible for the courses
Internet Management and Measurements,
Network Security as well as the "broadband for all" track within the
For the course Network Security there is a temporary site here.
His professional activities include (click here for a complete list):
- Chair of the IFIP Technical Committee 6 on Communications Systems (since 1-1-2013)
- Chair of the IFIP Working Group 6.6 on Management of Networks and Distributed Systems (1-5-2007 till 1-5-2013)
- Coordinator of the EU Management of the Future Internet Network of Excellence (NoE) Project (since 1-11-2012)
- Coordinator of the EU Future Internet cluster (since 1-1-2013)
- Series Editor of IEEE Communications Magazine: Network & Service Management
- Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Network and Systems Management
- Associate Editor for the International Journal of Network Management (Wiley)
- Editorial Advisory Board member for the Journal of Network and Systems Management (Springer)
- Editorial Board member for IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials
- Editorial Board member for Journal of Internet Services and Applications (Springer)
- Steering Committee member of the IFIP/IEEE Integrated Management (IM) and Network Operations and Management Symposia (NOMS) (NISC)
- Steering Committee member of the IFIP/IEEE international Conference on Network and Systems Management (CNSM)
- Steering Committee chair of the International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS)
- Steering Committee member of the EUNICE Consortium
- Steering Committee member of the Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA) Workshop series
- Co-chair of the IFIP/IEEE 5th International Week on Management of Networks and Services (Manweek 2009), October 2009, Venice, Italy
- Co-chair of 3rd International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2009), June 2009, Enschede, The Netherlands
- Dissertation Digest Sessions Co-chair and OC/TPC member of the 11th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2009), June 2009, Long Island, NY, USA
- TPC Co-chair of the 1st International Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA'09), May 2009, Aachen, Germany
- TPC Co-chair of the 9th IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM'05), May 2005, Nice, France
- Research coordinator of the European Network of Excellence on Management Solutions for Next Generation Networks (EMANICS)
- Member of the IRTF Network Management Research Group
Call for Papers:
For more Call for Papers in the area of network and systems management, subscribe to the RSS feed on this page
or browse to the Events page on the Simpleweb.
To receive all CfPs in the area of networking, subscribe to the IEEE ComSoc TCCC email list.
This page was last updated at
22 April 2013
For questions please contact Aiko Pras