Dr. Matthias Schlottbom
Department of Applied Mathematics
University of Twente
P.O. Box 217
NL-7500 AE Enschede
||Zilverling, room 3003
||+31 53 489 5458
||m dot schlottbom at utwente dot nl
- Numerical Analysis
- Inverse Problems and Parameter Identification
- Partial Differential Equations
- Fields of applications: Radiative transfer, optical tomography, biological networks, interface problems
- Elena Giammatteo (2020-): Simulation of EM waves in photonic quasicrystals. (jointly with Prof. J.J.W. van der Vegt)
- Riccardo Bardin (2020-): Low-rank tensor product methods for radiative transfer.
- Olena Palii (2017-): Robust preconditioning of iterative solvers for radiative transfer.
- Lars Corbijn van Willensward (2018-): Computation of optical properties of nanostructures. (jointly with Prof. W. Vos, Prof. J.J.W. van der Vegt)
- Marek Kozon (2018-): Understanding the absorption of interfering light for improved solar cell efficiency. (jointly with Prof. W. Vos, Prof. J.J.W. van der Vegt)
- Kaifang Liu (2019-): Error analysis for DG approximations of non-smooth problems. (jointly with Prof. J.J.W. van der Vegt)
- Mohammed Hamza Khalid (2020-): Model reduction for the seismic wave equation. (jointly with Dr. K. Smetana)
Please follow this link for a list of my publications.
Open final projects (Bachelor and Master):
- Iterative solvers for the radiative transfer equation (MSc.). Short description.
- Hierarchical matrix approximations with applications to radiation transport. (BSc.). Short description.
Lectures and tutorials
- Vector Calculus for BME, CE, CSE, ME (2020-1A)
- Numerical Techniques for PDEs (2020-1B)
- Partial Differential Equations (2020-2A)
Further teaching and current final projects
Short scientific CV
- Associate Professor (UHD), University of Twente, 2020 - today
- Assistant Professor (UD), University of Twente, 2016 - 2020
- PostDoc, WWU Münster, 2014 - 2016
- PostDoc, TU Darmstadt, 2012 - 2014
- PostDoc, TU Munich, 2011 - 2012
- Doctoral studies, AICES, RWTH Aachen, 2008 - 2011
- Study Computermathematics, RWTH Aachen, 2003 - 2008
Visit my research gate or google scholar profile.
back to SACS